Friday, January 31, 2014

Happy Chinese New Year!

In my family, it's a tradition to go out for dim sum on Chinese New Year. 
This morning, my parents and I battled out the waiting lines at a nearby dim sum restaurant. 
In the evening, we went over to my grandmother's house for dinner. Since I'm often out of town for university, it's always nice to be able to gather with my extended family to eat a nice dinner and catch up. Whenever my grandma knows that I'm home from uni, she always makes sure to make my favourite dishes too!
For the children, receiving red pockets are always a nice addition to Chinese New Year! 
But, Chinese New Year is never complete without this tasty desserts. 年糕, which directly translates to 'year cake', is basically a cake prepared with glutinous rice and fried with egg... while that description doesn't make it sound very appealing, trust me, it is. 

 Besides all the Chinese New Year festivities, I did end up going shopping for a bit today since I rarely get a chance to go to the mall back in uni. I might be putting together a haul sometime later this week since I anticipate I might end up spending some of my red pocket money this weekend... heh...anyhow...
我祝您們新年快樂,身體健康,心想事成,馬年大吉!
(I wish you all a happy new year, good health, may all your wishes come true, and I wish you luck in the year of the horse!) 
Yours truly, Janice


No comments:

Post a Comment